Are you an accomplished film and/or video editor with a solid portfolio of work who is interested in earning a legitimate seat at the owner’s table of a growing digital entertainment company? If so, then we have a rare opportunity available for you.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are in search of two (2) creative, seasoned Video Editors to join our post-production team. Reporting to the Director, Production; you will be responsible for editing and producing videos from raw digital files into finished, broadcast-ready product for web shows, podcasts, promos, commercials, social media, and streaming content on the company’s various social media platforms. If you are a creative individual who enjoys developing digital content and have a keen eye for detail, we would like to meet you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Cut and assemble recorded video footage and audio from rough through to final cut.
- Create title, motion graphics and special effects as required.
- Format images to use in videos and perform color corrections.
- Insert music and necessary sound effects to the video clips and edit audio tracks as required.
- Follow production directives, prioritize project requirements, and meet deadlines.
- Discover and implement new video editing techniques and methods to maximize the company’s post-production efficiency.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from pre-production through to post-production and final release/broadcast.
- Gather and transfer all forms of media into editing software and ensure each was updated in the correct format.
- Operate computer editing systems and equipment used for video media and effects and trouble shoot computers and software used for editing.
- Establish a clear understanding of the storyline, purpose and flow needed for each video’s content delivery.
- Any other role-related duty or responsibility as assigned by the Director, Production or his designate from time to time.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree, college diploma or specialized trades training in film editing is desired but not required, depending on tested experience and capability.
- Strong experience editing various video projects using a wide variety of techniques including inserting sound effects, music, text, special effects, and transitions.
- Good understanding of graphics creation and development for use in video editing.
- Proficient in creating concept boards and other visual representations of planned edits for video projects.
- Solid mastery of video and audio editing software with one or more programs like Blackmagic DaVinci, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects, or other similar professional editing
- Strong understanding of digital content storage management.
- Ability to multitask and work remotely in a self-directed environment while still meeting required objectives, milestones, and deadlines on various projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills are required to have a solid understanding of project scope and implementation
- Strong familiarity with the YouTube studio platform.
- Ability to collaborate well with other creative professionals.
This role is perfect for someone with an existing job/client base who wishes to make a progressive transition into an established entrepreneurial ownership opportunity intended to eventually become your primary role.
There is zero financial investment required. We are only interested in you bringing your professional expertise, experience, and dedicated participation to our team. In return, we offer a rare equity position to start, providing a real seat at the owner’s table and direct input into setting the corporate vision. You will be joining an existing team of acknowledged industry professionals who have been similarly brought together for this exciting project. This company will become your company as well.
This entrepreneurial role is weekly part-time to start but will transition into full-time salaried as our growth dictates. You will participate in weekly all-team and departmental meetings and will meet regularly as agreed for deliverables. Because this is a transitional role, we remain very flexible within the team to accommodate present career and personal requirements so long as key objectives mutually agreed to are met.
SocialNRG is a Victoria BC-based digital media and entertainment company producing and distributing quality digital content with a focus on music, comedy, film, content creation and other topics of special interest for global audiences. Our first web show, titled: “SocialNRG Presents… Your Backstage Pass” is now available on YouTube and popular podcasts, and we are in pre-production on multiple new shows.
Our small but growing team is currently staffed by highly proficient industry professionals and led by an innovative business leader who bring more than 40 years of leadership experience as serial CEO. Our vision for this company is significant and we need an equally competent professional capable of joining our team in this role.